Thursday, November 10, 2011

Review: The Perfect Rose by Felicia Rogers

Summary:

Abandoned by his wife and left to raise a child alone, Caleb Reed falls short of the ideal work-from-home dad. He needs a woman to help him, in every sense of the word. At the suggestion of a friend, Caleb agrees to hire Ariel Lauren on a trial basis.

As an orphan, Ariel has more issues than just how to make it on her on. Yes, she needs the money that Caleb offers her, but more than anything she finds she desires his love. One calamity after another befalls her and jeopardizes her new job and her chance at having a family. But through it all, Caleb is by her side, his gruff exterior threatening to melt in the face of their shared attraction. Will they decide to continue life alone or will the magic of Valentine's Day bring them together?

Adult Romance, Drama
Fiction
Published By Astraea Press

Review: I think I picked the perfect time of the year to start reading this book. Its cold outside and the holidays are just around the corner. Why does that have anything to do with this review? Well, this time of year I like to curl up with BIG blankets on my couch and watch the wonderful Christmas movies on tv. It's so warm and comfortable...which is how I would describe this story. The Perfect Rose filled my heart with warmth and happiness. Reading it, I felt like I was cuddled up even though I was sitting at my computer desk. This is a short story, but packed with everything. It always amazes me when authors can pour everything into a smaller book, and have it still be full of meaning. The main characters were wonderful, broken people looking for that missing piece in their lives. I loved being able to connect with the characters and feel their struggles along the way. I am so glad to have read such a heartfelt story, and I will definitely be putting this book on my best loved romance shelf.

♥ Shelby