Saturday, November 5, 2011

Review: His Leading Lady by Paula Martin


Summary:

Jess Harper’s predictable life is turned upside down when she discovers that Lora, her twin sister, has disappeared. It’s just a week before rehearsals are due to start for a new West End musical in which Lora has the lead role. Jess decides to pose as her sister in order to save Lora's career. This brings her into close contact with arrogant theatre director Kyle Drummond. Attraction sparks between them but there’s also evidence that he had been dating Lora. So is Jess simply a substitute – in real life as well as in the show? And what will happen when Lora eventually returns?

Review:

His Leading Lady is such a wonderful romance. This story is creatively written with amazing characters. I enjoyed the musical life (which I knew nothing about) and the story of Kate. From the beginning, I was entertained and that excitement continued throughout the rest of the book. You never knew what was going to happen next. I loved never knowing when Lora was going to reappear, and how Jess knew how to step into her sisters shoes. Jess is by far my favorite character...strong willed, smart, and most of all REAL! You can really connect to her character. And OH MY do I wish Kyle Drummond were real!!! His character was so incredibly perfect and smoldering. Maybe in my next life *sigh* Makes me want to go to Scotland even more.  I enjoyed stepping into this story and being taken to a whole new world. I'm sure you will too!

♥ Shelby

1 comment:

Paula Martin said...

Very many thanks for your review, Shelby. I'm delighted you enjoyed His Leading Lady, and loved my leading characters!