Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Review: Song of Eidolons by Jessica McHugh



Summary:  Delaney Lortal is a unique breed of girl. She is well spoken, extremely well read, and highly ambitious for love, but it is not those qualities that make her so unique. It's not even because in twenty-two years of life, she has never set foot outside of her grandfather's house. What makes her so unique is the truth behind a mysterious secret that has made her the target of a clandestine Order called the Orisanima.

As wondrous as it is heartbreaking, Song of Eidolons follows Delaney’s journey of enlightenment as she struggles to peel back the layers of deceit to discover the amazing truth about her origins.

Review: Song of Eidolons is such a unique story unlike any I've read so far. It's very complex and beautifully written. Just when I thought I knew where the story was taking me, I would find out I was way off! Delaney is such a pure and innocent character. She was raised by her grandfather, Dags, and was never able to experience anything outside of her home and her books. She thought this was normal, that children didn't venture outside. But when she start to yearn for the chance at finding love, she begins to question why her grandfather really kept her in the dark.  When she is finally able to experience the outside world first hand, Delaney learns that she never really knew who or what she really was. Song of Eidolons is full of emotion, and by the time you finish this story you will realize its greatness. This book was my first by Jessica, and definitely not my last.

♥ Shelby