Friday, August 19, 2011

Review of the enchanting love story "Hawthorne" by Sarah Ballance

Hawthorne


Summary courtesy of Amazon.com:
Help out the tsunami Japan victims! 100% of the proceeds from the this book go to Japan relief!

After a terrifying encounter with the unexplained, it took ten years and the news of her grandmother’s passing for Emma Grace Hawthorne to return to her childhood home. She sought peace in saying a proper goodbye, but what she found was an old love, a sordid family history, and a wrong only she could right.

Living in the shadow of Hawthorne Manor, Noah Garrett never forgot about Emma Grace. In a house full of secrets, his search for missing documents revealed a truth that could cost him everything. What he found gave Emma the freedom to walk away from the mansion, her heart free and clear, but at what price to Noah?

Review:
I was so mesmerized by this book, from the very beginning it really drew me in.  This was so well written, it only took me a few hours to finish it because I just couldn't stop reading.  I had such a vivid picture in my mind of the characters and the setting, I felt as if I was at the old Hawthorne manor myself.  It is a hauntingly original love story with such a sad, lonely ending.  It touched my heart in such a special way.  It is the perfect book if you are looking to get away from reality for a few hours and fall in love; not just fall in love with Noah or Emma Grace, but fall in love with the old mansion and the web of mysteries that lie within it's walls.  This was a five star read and I believe that I will probably be reading the book again very soon.
~ Amy

No comments: